POSITION IN INDEXES AND OTHER AWARDS
Sustainability indexes are stock indexes in which securities are selected on the basis of economic-financial parameters as well as social and environmental criteria. The selection process is carried out by specialised agencies that assess companies on the basis of publicly available information or questionnaires, taking account of opinions expressed by the media and stakeholders. Inclusion in these indexes is an important achievement for companies because of the positive effects on their reputation and because, in addition to the pension funds and ethical funds, an ever increasing number of investors favour these sustainable companies, considering them to be less risky and more promising in the medium to long term.
Taking part in the process of evaluation is, moreover, a timely moment for reflection within the Company on the results achieved. In fact, the suggestions of the rating agencies at the end of the process are taken into careful consideration when planning improvement actions in the future.
In 2015, Telecom Italia was included for the twelfth year running in both the sustainability index categories of the Dow Jones (Dow Jones Sustainability Index World and Europe) and for the second time running in the Italian Climate Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI) of the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP).
Telecom Italia has been included in the Financial Times Stock Exchange for Good (FTSE4Good) Global and Europe series since its inception.
Telecom Italia is also included in the following indexes:
- Euronext Vigeo:
- Europe 120
- Eurozone 120
- STOXX® Global ESG Leaders Indexes:
- ESG Leaders
- ESG Environmental Leaders
- ESG Governance Leaders
- ESG Social Leaders
- Ethibel Sustainability Indexes (ESI):
- Excellence Europe
- Excellence Global
- ECPI Indexes:
- ECPI Euro Ethical Equity
- ECPI EMU Ethical Equity
- ECPI Global Developed ESG Best in class Equity
Telecom Italia, finally, is classified as “prime” in the OEKOM rating and “industry leader” by the Sustainalytics report.
Tim Participações, the listed holding company of the TIM Brasil Group, has had its position confirmed in the ISE (Índice de Sustentabilidade Empresarial) index, managed by BM&F Bovespa (the São Paolo stock exchange) together with the Brazilian Environment Ministry and other financial sustainability organisations.
The main awards won by Telecom Italia concerning sustainability and its communication, include the following:
- second place in Italy and Europe and first place for the European TLC sector in the 2015 Webranking by Comprend, which assesses and rewards the quality of online financial and corporate communication. The survey, carried out every year by Comprend, working with Lundquist, considered the 70 biggest Italian companies and the 500 biggest European companies by capitalisation;
- Top Employers 2015 certification (for the third year running), awarded annually to the best companies in the field of HRmanagement. Conducted by the Top Employers Institute, the survey verified and certified the excellence of TelecomItalia in the field of Human Resources and the wide range of benefits and initiatives provided to its people: fromworking conditions to non-monetary benefits, including structured training and development policies;
- Gold award (top award) for the 2014 “Telecom Italia oltre i numeri” Company Profile, which was judged to be the Best Online Report: International/Unlisted at the 2015 Corporate & Financial Awards, an initiative organised by Communicate Magazine;
- Special Award for the Scuola di Areté - 2015 Responsible Communication Award for the EducaTI project launch event;
- first place as most attractive employer in Italy awarded to Telecom Italia by Universum, a company which has operated globally in the employer branding sector for the past 25 years and carried out an annual survey with 39 universities across Italy.