Research and innovation in e-security
Telecom Italia is involved in research and innovation regarding cyber security and more generally the security of information and networks.
Activities carried out in 2015 included the following:
- the design of a proprietary platform based on open source technologies for the collection and management of security Big Data;
- the study and development of new examination models to be used with visual analysis tools for security Big Data;
- the study and testing of new approaches for safety analysis and risk management on LTE networks and telco cloud platforms;
- implementation of various scouting and testing campaigns on innovative security solutions;
- the pursuit of activities for the security analysis of mobile apps and mobile devices;
- the collaboration, within the scope of 3GPP1 SA3 SECAM2, for the definition of the security requirements and test methods on devices for 3GPP standard networks;
- completion of activities in the international projects IST NEMESYS (Information Society Technologies, enhanced NEtwork security for seamless service provisioning in the smart Mobile EcoSYStem) project and CIP (Competitiveness and Innovation framework Programme) Advanced Cyber Defence Center project;
- the participation, with another 15 partners, in the works of the 5G-ENSURE consortium (5G Enablers for Network and System Security and Resilience), in order to obtain a loan under the scope of the European H2020 programme and study, define and test the security measures and resilience of the future 5G networks, developing a 5G Security Architecture;
- the development, in the context of ETSI3, of the works of TC CYBER focused on Cyber Security;
- the continuation of other monitoring and guidance activities in the area of GSMA Fraud and Security Group;
- development of cooperation launched in 2013 with EIT (European institute of Innovation and Technology), Digital and the Action Line Guide to Privacy, Security & Trust.
1 The 3rd Generation Partnership Project.
2 SECurity Assurance Methodology.
3 European Telecommunications Standards Institute.